Our Artwork Posting Policy
Article ID: 58 | Last Updated: Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 5:23 PM
DPW = Original, Natural Media, Fine Art
This is our niche. There are many websites that mix original art and reproductions, however we want our buyers to be able to rely on knowing we only offer original, natural media, fine art.
What is Allowed on DPW
- your own, self produced, original art; such work can be made from the images of others if there are no copyright issues
- natural media - no reproductions, photography, or digital art; natural media does include fine art prints, such as woodcuts
- 2-D work that is intended to be displayed on a wall
What is Not Allowed on DPW
- promotional or advertising images
- artwork with promotional text
- images of multiple works of art, unless sold together
- explicitly sexual images; tasteful, traditional fine art nudes are welcome
- work that is in any way offensive to any reasonable person, this includes, for example, works of violence, prejudice, or personal defamation
The general rule of thumb to follow is only images can be posted on DPW that show a single work of art exactly as you would sell it.
DPW Account Requirements
- the DPW account must be opened in the artist's legal name
- only the work of one artist can be shown and sold for each DPW account
Photos pulled from Blogs
DPW offers our members the convenience of automatically pulling in their artwork from their blog posts. Occasionally a member will post to their blog and the first image in the post will be a photo and not an image of a work of art. If the member has their account configured to have DPW auto pull from their blog feed each night then that non-artwork image will show up on DPW and in the Daily Email.
If this happens, we will hide the photo and the auto-pull will be turned off. The member will receive an email and can turn the pull back on in their Account Info page or, if they often post non-art related posts to their blog, they can chose instead to pull their post on demand by clicking the "Pull Post" button above the Art Tracking grid.